Re: gEDA-user: Logic simulation

>> job of digital simulation (there is no interface between gschem and
>> tkgate, hmmm.. something to consider...
>
>Does this mean that gschem can not export in such a form that TkGate would
>understand it? (sorry, I haven't tried them)

	Correct.  There is no link between the two.  I briefly looked
at the syntax which tkgate imports and it was certainly non-trivial.
A netlist backend which targets tkgate might be of useful, or not since
tkgate has it's own schematic capture.

>My favorite simulator is IRSIM 9.5 (freely available). It supports
>only transistors, though, so you would need to build your logic
>gates from transistors first. This is easy though, just look from a book.
>
>With Electric editor (www.staticfreesoft.com) you can enter your
>circuit schematics graphically and export as IRSIM simulation deck file.
>(Electric also has internal simulator but that isn't that good...
>works fine for small circuits though).

	Hmmm... what does electric import wrt this internal simulator?

								-Ales

>I don't know if gEDA supports IRSIM, maybe that would be task for future?

	Yeah, that might be of interested.  Anybody have any docs on
what IRSIM decks look like?

>Also possibility to import/export between Electric and gEDA would be
>great.

	Indeed.

								-Ales