Re: gEDA-user: gerbv and eagle - crashed - retested again

Stefan Petersen wrote:
Hello Holger!

Even if you're not shure why, are your patches still valid? I want the
script on the website to be as correct as possible, but I'm not sure
wheter your changes are OK or not for general use.
:) well, they were required when I used them and worked for my special case. I mentioned them just to show how we solved the problem.

But I'm still using a 4.09 license of eagle and have no idea whether the drill file output has been changed in 4.1 and how things are behaving now.

'print OUTFILE "INCH,LZ\n";' was necessairy because the Windows tool our manufacturer used did not used an inch metric by default and the generated files did not specified the used metric.

The "%.03f"-printf magic was required because otherwise the generated files were inconsistent (drills were specified in inches, drill positions in mil, default unit depended of the used viewer). I realized that the coordinate unit in the Eagle output files varies with the selected unit of the grid, but I didn't investigated this further, for our files the hack above was sufficient. Maybe we should ask the cadsoft support people what unit is used in which case - they are usually pretty helpful when you ask them...

Holger