Re: gEDA-user: Final call for testers!

> Hi Stuart.
> I tried the latest iso version on my Fedora FC3 system. I haven't yet
> got Gtk 1.2 installed so it couldn't install those sections which need
> it but the install ran ok and installed the other bits I hadn't got..
>  pcb, gspiceui and geda seem to run ok as do some of the other non-gui
> programs but gschem does not work. If I try to run it from the command
> line I get a message saying that it can't find "libgeda.so.24" but this
> is present in geda-install/lib and I can find it using the find files
> program. "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" points to  /home/colin/geda-install/lib so I
> am not too sure what the problem is!  Any ideas.

Yeah -- run "ldconfig" as root in the window you wish to run gschem.
Either that or reboot.  The LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable only tells Linux
where to look for .so files.  It doesn't tell Linux to actually go out
and find them.  You have to run ldconfig to get Linux to refresh the
cache of .so files it knows about.

Stuart