Re: gEDA-user: RFC --- Land Pattern (Footprint) Names

Where did you find the footprint specifications for the various
resistors, capacitors and inductors? Please send the URL's.

It seems like a potential area of confusion if a z-dimension is
implied in the prefix but the x and y dimension is explicitly defined.
Like you said if one vendor changes their z dimension
for a particular footprint area or if one vendor makes multiple z
dimensions for the
same footprint area.

Maybe the footprint name should have a z dimension in the body specification.

(* jcl *)