Re: gEDA-user: Spam: address harvesting from archives

John Coppens wrote:
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 19:56:11 -0700
Stephen Meier <smeier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ales,

We apreciate all the time you have put into this project. This is an issue bigger then just the geda list server and archives. It is a general list server problem. My time is also rather heavily used so my usual solution about issues like this is to pose the question out to otther it experts. Can you tell me what software the list server is running so that I can find if a suitable solution already exists?

Did you look at the message source? It says:

geda-user

So I suspect it's Majordomo running.

I think the problem is the archiving software. I know I've had this problem historically with another majordomo list, but they now use hypermail for archiving. If you look at their archives now the hypermailed messages don't include any domain names. See some of the lists at eda.org, for example, which is all majordomo-driven.

Evan