Re: gEDA-user: Spam: address harvesting from archives

[snip]
>I havn't seen spam comming through the list server. I presume the issue
>is email addresses being included in the archives as well as being
>broadcast through the standard list emails.
>
>Can email addresses be automatically obfuscated at the list server side?

[ randomly responding to one of the messages in this thread ... ]

	Most of the addresses are obfuscated already, however there
are few domain names (note, we are not talking about e-mail addresses)
in plain text.

	Sure, it is fixable, but is it worth _my_ rather valuable
free time?  The answer to that would be a big resounding: "Absolutely NOT".
Why you ask?

* The damage is already done
* The most obvious address are obfuscated already in current archives
* I have better things to do

	However, if somebody feels so strongly about this, then by
all means please provide me with a tested script which will go through
and modify all the html files to remove the plain text domain name without
breaking the archive.  The key points are *tested* and *without breaking*.

	Really sorry about my tone here, :( but I spend way too much
time on piddly administrative duties where my time would be better spent
fixing the software.  Better software or admin issues.  Pick any ONE.

								-Ales

PS. Please do not post to both lists, especially if it is not gEDA/EDA
    software related.  That does absolutely nothing but create more
    e-mail load for everybody.