Re: gEDA-user: GND and Vcc pin on IC 74245

On Thursday 08 September 2005 08:02 pm, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> >Could someone explain why logic ICs must not have Vcc and GND pins?
> >I have never seen a good reason for this. What is wrong with having
> >Vcc and GND pins - like any other pin?
>
> 	In gEDA/gaf, ICs can have explicit power pins.	The fact that
> they do not is just the way the gaf symbol library has evolved.
> Some people like it, other absolutely hate it.	So, that's why it's very
> easy to create new parts which have the "right" features according to
> the beholder. :)  This discussion is unfortunately religious.

In fact, the function of the chip along with pin out and what I'm doing with
the chip determines if I explicitly make the Vcc and GND pins visable. For me,
there is no "right" or "wrong" - Whether I make them visable or not is a
function of convenience regarding the layout.

I like the being able to choose and I would not want to give it up. For sure,
it's a feature :)

Regards

Marvin