Re: gEDA-user: GND and Vcc pin on IC 74245

On Thursday 08 September 2005 09:47 pm, Stephen Meier wrote:
> GAF does allow symbols to have pins for the power connections or to have
> the power connections as hidden nets.
>
> The problem often is is what voltage is Vcc or Vdd.
>
> Why not make the symbols have a +5v or a +3.3v power net?
>
> What about devices that Vcc could be any value .. say less then 12
> Volts? For these we need a way to assign the values. We could have
> multiple symbols. We could use expossed pins there are a number of
> solutions available in gaf. I would prefer to have only 2 sets of
> symbols one which uses hidden nets that can be over ridden by an
> attribute and one set with expossed pins.
>
> (point for discussion --- should this be on the developer list?)

The device characteristics that you described are the reasons why I like it
the way it is. With the current implimentation, you can have it any way that
you want it. I don't see how you can improve a feature that lets you have
something any way you want it.

Regards

Marvin