Re: gEDA-user: Introduction and some questions/thoughts on gEDA/gaf...

[ . . snip . . ]

> Also, I've seen some system level simulators which could work nicely
> with gschem, but again, lack of hierarchical netlist hampers it some.
>
> Of course in the IC world, hierarchical netlisting is pretty much a
> requirement.

Bill Cox contributed "gnetman" a year or two ago.  It was supposed to
be an improved netlister which handled hierarchy natively.  I looked
at the code at the time, but couldn't understand it.  This has to do
with my limitations, not necessarily gnetman's.  Perhaps somebody
smarter than I could take a look at gnetman (available off the gEDA
site) and see if it would offer a better base from which to produce a
hierarchical netlister for the purposes you propose?

Just a thought . . . .

Stuart