Re: gEDA-user: how do I get diamond shaped dependent sources

> Probably while you were writing this, I was reading:
> http://www.geda.seul.org/docs/current/tutorials/gsch2pcb/tutorial.html

This is an excellent tutorial.

> 6. Saved the file. And when I opened my circuit in gschem, gschem reported=
> =20
> that it had read my gafrc file and also listed my symbols directory and I=
> =20
> was able to use the dependent source with the diamond shaped symbol.
>
> So, by clicking on the figures, I was able to do what you described above,=
> =20
> but wasn't looking for "DEVICE" attribute nor did I "down symbol"ed. I gues=
> s=20
> this means that the gEDA gui is quite intuitive once you get the hang of it=

Indeed it is.  I think the gEDA/gaf gui is at least as good as any
other EDA program I have used.  (It's on par with ViewDraw, and better
than Orcad & Protel, IMHO.)

One thing:  you *will* need to set the DEVICE attribute so that
gnetlist will netlist your part correctly.  To use gschem, the DEVICE
attribute doesn't need setting, but you will need to set it for
gnetlist.  Therefore, I suggest you look at the SPICE docs (or the
spice-sdb code) to figure out what the DEVICE name must be in order to
get it to netlist correctly.

Stuart