Re: gEDA-user: how do I get diamond shaped dependent sources

> Hi,
>
> I am using geda 20050820-1. Given this version, is there anyway I can
> get a diamond shaped dependent source, as shown in the ascii art below
> (you need fixed width fonts to view it properly):

>    ^
>  /   \
>  \   /

Yes, you can draw one in the symbol editor.  The easiest thing to do
is to get a source out of the spice directory which is close to what
you want, then do right mouse->down symbol, and then redraw the symbol
to your liking usign the graphical elements available in the toolbar.
Do edit->toggle attribute visibility and then give your dependent
source a DEVICE attribute which will be recognized by spice-sdb. When
you are done modifying the symbol, save it out under a new name.

> Currently, I just change the attributes of an independent source to make
> it dependent. However, I would like to stick to the notation in our text
> book. If the diamond shaped sources are not available in geda or gschem
> already, how do I make custom symbol or component or source of my own.

The process of creating symbols is documented in the docs distributed
with gEDA/gaf.  Alternately, you can just do what I outline above, and
with a little playing around, you will have learned the symbol
editor.  It is quite easy.

Have fun!

Stuart