gEDA-user: Re: printing to a ps or eps file from gschem

Apparently, _Dan McMahill_, on 13/09/05 00:50,typed:

>> I tried this, but it gives me the color postscript output, with black
>> color background and colored symbols. I am looking for black schematic
>> drawing on white background.
>>
>> I haven't found anything on google about printing from command line
>> (without a guile script). And still having no luck with the margins
>> around the PS file produced by the print (fp) command -- there are
>> virtually no margins at all around the schematic.
>

> I'll have to try with the latest, but that was working for me a few
> versions ago.  I run that from the command line with:
>
> gschem -p -o file.ps -s print.scm file.sch
>
> note the new -p flag in the latest gschem.  It doesn't wait for the
> windowmanager to place the window.
>
> -Dan

That "-p" option didn't work for me:
> gschem -p -o johnson-p-4_12.ps -s print.scm johnson-p-4_12.sch
gschem: invalid option -- p

It works without this option (had to disable the color option in guile
file). I am using geda 20050820. I can see how this option is useful.
Invaluable if I am compiling a latex source without an X display.

thanks,
->HS