Re: gEDA-user: Re: printing to a ps or eps file from gschem

H.S. wrote:
Apparently, _Charles Lepple_, on 11/09/05 19:20,typed:

This was for an older version of gschem - there may be a better way to
print from the command line now. In either case, you can always do it
from the menu if you want.

Here it is:

(output-orientation "landscape")
(output-type "limits")
; (output-color "enabled")
(output-text "ps")

; You need call this after you call any rc file function
(gschem-use-rc-values)

; filename is specified on the command line
(gschem-print "dummyfilename")

(gschem-exit)

I tried this, but it gives me the color postscript output, with black
color background and colored symbols. I am looking for black schematic
drawing on white background.

I haven't found anything on google about printing from command line
(without a guile script). And still having no luck with the margins
around the PS file produced by the print (fp) command -- there are
virtually no margins at all around the schematic.

I'll have to try with the latest, but that was working for me a few versions ago. I run that from the command line with:

gschem -p -o file.ps -s print.scm file.sch

note the new -p flag in the latest gschem. It doesn't wait for the windowmanager to place the window.

-Dan