Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 10:26:00PM -0300, John Coppens wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:26:57 -0400
> Marvin Dickens <marvindickens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > BRL-CAD is an amazing piece of software. If you work the
> > tutorial "VolumeII-Introduction_to_MGED" you will find yourself
> > up to speed enough to produce *really* nice 2D and 3D drawings.
>
> Hi Marvin.
>
> I (compiled and) installed brlcad just today. First I had a completely
> black background, and the first commands from the tutorial didn't show
> anything. Changing color settings had no effect. Only playing with the
> frame buffer did I get the desired sphere.

Then take the first point when it didn't work and report it on BRL-CAD
bugzilla and not here please.

> Then I got as far as point 4 or 5 in the tutorial ('draw sph1.s'). brlcad
> hung at 100%, and only a reset could get it out of its activity.

So you can report 2 bugreports now :)

> Maybe I don't have the latest in machines (1GHz Athlon), but I somehow am
> not impressed with programs that are are so - complicated...

Was 1GHz Athlon prescribed in BRL-CAD guide? Wasn't. So don't care about
what machine you had and just report it :)

CL<