Re: gEDA-user: Free Dog meeting report: Notes on the topics we discussed

Everyone who wants to change languages isn't familiar with the gEDA
code base. There are over 750K lines of code that work and that are
understood by at least one developer. Now, I've been using these tools for 2
or 3 years. I'm fluent in c and c++ and I've looked at some of the code
(Specifically, in PCB and gschem). Just because I've looked at some of the
code doesn't mean I know squat about how it works (I don't...).

The advocates of using a new language cannot possibly understand the
ramifications of impilimenting/re-implimenting any portion of gEDA in their
"pet" language. In fact, I'll bet the couple of hours I spent looking at the
code that comprises PCB and gschem surpasses the amount of time the
proponents of implimenting a new language have spent looking at the code.

Personally, I don't see this thread as intelligent - I can't take it
seriously.

Regards

Marvin