gEDA-user: installing geda on fedora 4. Guile is missing.

I am trying to install geda from geda-install-20050830.iso on a system with a clean install of fedora 4 (workstation)

Before trying the install I did the following to check some prerequests

[troy@localhost ~]$ guile -v
Guile 1.6.7
Copyright (c) 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Free Software Foundation
Guile may be distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public Licence;
certain other uses are permitted as well. For details, see the file
`COPYING', which is included in the Guile distribution.
There is no warranty, to the extent permitted by law.

[troy@localhost ~]$ pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
2.6.7

[troy@localhost ~]$ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
-DXTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DXUSE_MTSAFE_API -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0 -I/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/freetype2/config -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include

It looked to me like I was good to go so I started the installer. For some reasion the installer could not find guile.
See cut from log file

which guile-config
which: no guile-config in (/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/troy/bin)
We need to install guile-config on this machine. We'll do that in a minute.

The installer then tries to build guile but fails. ( I havent figured out why yet) althought I am not sure why its building it again.
cut form log file

guile.c: In function ‘main’:
guile.c:91: error: array type has incomplete element type
guile.c:91: warning: unused variable ‘lt_preloaded_symbols’
make[1]: *** [guile.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/guile-1.6.4/libguile'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

------- Next command ------- Sending /sbin/ldconfig -v /sbin/ldconfig -v /usr/lib/qt-3.3/lib:

and then much later in the install the installer errors out when guile cant be found during make libgeda_config
cut from log file

checking for guile... no
configure: error: guile required but not found
make: *** [libgeda_config] Error 1
Failure executing command "make libgeda_config", ReturnCode = 2

Failure while configuring "make libgeda_config", shall I continue with remainder of programs?
I have experienced an error while installing this program!
Error string: Failure while configuring "make libgeda_config", shall I continue with remainder of programs?

I havent had time to do a manual build yet but I thought I would see if anyone else has fought this one yet.

Thanks
Troy