Re: gEDA-user: VeriWell now on SourceForge

Karel Kulhavy wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:17:10PM -0700, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

On 9/26/05, Evan Lavelle <eml-geda@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/veriwell/
http://www.deepchip.com/items/0447-11.html

What we need isn't a Verilog simulator, what we need is a VHDL simulator, and maybe even some means of using both Verilog and VHDL together in a single design. It has always baffled me how Verilog simulators seem to be literally everywhere, but if OpenCores is any indication, ALL the truely interesting designs are VHDL.

What is better, Verilog or VHDL?

I have seen VHDL and Verilog and got a feeling that Verilog is like C,
while VHDL is like Pascal, which made me immediately puke upon VHDL.
Close, but not quite.

The VHDL syntax is derived from ADA. Both lanugages were a DoD project.

VHDL is slightly stronger than Verilog 95, but SystemVerilog is more
capable than either of these.

CL<

Udi