Re: gEDA-user: putting spice commands and options in gschem

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:59:27AM -0400, H.S. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using gEDA  20050820-1. In this version is there any method with
> which I can put the spice commands I use to do the simulation within the
> schematic file?
>
> Currently I make a circuit in gschem and obtain a netlist using gnetlist
> and use this netlest in ngspice to do simulations. To retain the
> commands I simulated, I would like to specify these within gschem. Is
> that doable?

Yes in part selection select spice directory and there are boxes for
that. But I don't remember which attribute the command should be filled
in.

There should be comments with each symbol which would be displayed next
to each symbol in symbol selection. The comment for these particular
SPICE symbols should contain information what attribute the command
should be filled in. For 7400-type symbols the comment should contain
information whether the symbol is designed for hidden net or seventh
gate power supply or whether the symbol is broken, obsolete etc. so
people won't use broken or obsolete symbols which have to be there just
for backward compatibility reasons for existing schematics.

I am using gschem with gnucap and it's a bit pain in the ass - I have
to run a hefty script to tweak the output. I don't know if it's case
with SPICE too or not.

But I think there should be also a gnucap backend. This is gEDA. Is
SPICE part of gEDA? gnucap is definitely a part of geda if I am right.
So why is there backend for SPICE and not gnucap?

I am working on Ronja for already 7 years so I don't mind some
ocassionally hefty script when the whole source is full of makefiles
and scripts anyway, but I guess that other users who will not want to
start their project by downloading 250MB Ronja source tree and tweaking
schematics in the schematics/ directory will have severe depressions
from these usability issues :)

CL<