Re: gEDA-user: Request for comments

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 12:04:26PM +1000, andrewm wrote:

> http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/andrew_mccubbin/

Looking only at CTS-252-switch in detail:

PCB will not clip the silkscreen over the copper, and some fabs will
go ahead and print it right over the pads.

Interesting quirk I see with PCB is that you have some same-numbered,
overlapping pad/pins and they are in the same "net" (via 'find') but
your same-numbered non-overlapping pins are not.  I'm not sure how that
would play out in a real layout.

Your soldermask clearance is about 1.5mil.  That's smaller than the
printing tolerances of most fabs.  On the other hand, if you grow all
the soldermasks to some minimum after layout, starting small is fine.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>