Re: gEDA-user: Request for comments

> Ben Jackson wrote:
> Looking only at CTS-252-switch in detail:
>
> PCB will not clip the silkscreen over the copper, and some fabs will
> go ahead and print it right over the pads.
>
> Interesting quirk I see with PCB is that you have some same-numbered,
> overlapping pad/pins and they are in the same "net" (via 'find') but
> your same-numbered non-overlapping pins are not.  I'm not sure how that
> would play out in a real layout.
>
> Your soldermask clearance is about 1.5mil.  That's smaller than the
> printing tolerances of most fabs.  On the other hand, if you grow all
> the soldermasks to some minimum after layout, starting small is fine.

Thanks for comment.  I did the 1.5mil clearance as that was the smallest
of the common fabs
I looked at on the internet and some of them said they automatically
increase solder mask
clearances if smaller than they recomended.

I have same numbered the pins on the switch as they are electrically
connected inside.  I often
use the pins on those switches as jumpers to get wires out of tight
spots and thought that giving
them the same number would allow the nets to look connected.