Re: gEDA-user: alarm clock update

On Sunday 09 September 2007 11:48:24 am Dave McGuire wrote:

> > *All* of the time.  For reasons I do not comprehend, work
> > gets most of their parts from Digikey and Mosure.
> > I'm sure they buy high enough quantities to get
> > them from 'normal' distributors.
>
>    I find them to be the easiest to deal with, personally.  Who do
> you call "normal" distributors?  I've done business with Allied,
> Arrow, Avnet, and Newark,

There is also NuHorizians, Shuster (sp?), Sager in this area as
well.  There was All American that went bell-up when they
changed their ERP system, and no longer had any idea who
ordered what or who they should pay.  They have been bought
now, but all of the people that knew what was going on,
left the company.

> and their pricing is almost always much
> higher and they're usually more difficult to deal with.  If there's
> anyone better, I'd love to hear about them.

Can't say they are better, but for some things, like .1 uF SMT caps
for example, we might buy over 100,000 a year, which to me
Digikey is not the best for.

As for Digikey pricing if you compare it to Mosuer over the last six
months, Digikey prices have risen significantly.