Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On 9/13/07, Carlos Nieves Ónega <cnieves@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> El jue, 13-09-2007 a las 15:33 -0400, John Doty escribió:
> > On Sep 13, 2007, at 3:24 PM, Carlos Nieves Ónega wrote:

> > I'm the one complaining about DRC. But my complaint isn't that it's
> > buggy: my complaint is that it is a source of newbie confusion, and
> > not especially useful at finding actual problems.
>
> That's your opinion, and it depends of what you are doing and how you
> use (or want to use) it.
> Mine is that any check, even a bad and incomplete one, is better than
> none (specially for newbies).

If you fill the screen (or logfile) with false-positves it can make it
very difficult
to find the few true-positives (especially for newbies). Without
detailed and accurate documentation it is very hard to tweak the tool
to get useful information from it
(especially for newbies that can't find the documentation ;-)

(* jcl *)

P.S. This is where open-source and ASCII files do help. If you really
need to tweak
the tool you can.

--
http://www.luciani.org