Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

> How good is the temp. control on your oven?

Er, zero control.  I use a hotplate, which heats only the back of the
board, so the solder melts before the chips get too hot.  However,
it's a $20 item, and basically has "on" and "off" settings.

What I do is turn it on and wait.  About 3 minutes later, the solder
paste starts melting.  It takes about 10-20 seconds for the whole
board to be done after that, then I slide it off the hotplate onto a
cooling rack.

> I notice the CPU is socketed could you please try powering up the
> board without it.

Without the CPU, the oled won't power up.  You're not supposed to
apply +12v until you program all the timing parameters, else you burn
out the OLED cells.