Re: gEDA-user: Probably parenthesis mismatch error on OS X

First off, I followed your page at http://www.ghz.cc/charles/fink/ to
configure my system to use the 'unstable' branch, and then followed
instructions from these guys:  http://fink.sodan.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
item/14  to add in their binary package tree.  I ran a fink
selfupdate, and then a fink install geda-bundle.

This pulled in guile16 and the geda-bundle packages, which resulted
in the issue as described in earlier emails.

I then removed all geda packages, removed guile16, and removed the
Todai Fink Team's tree from my apt sources.  Next, I ran a fink
selfupdate, and then, a fink install geda-bundle, and it pulled in
guile16, the geda packages, and a bit of etc (I'm afraid I did not
note what else it pulled in), and then proceeded to compile them from
source.

At the completion of the compile, I ran gschem again and it has been
trucking along just fine.

Also, the source compile still depended on guile16.  I just let it
pull it in and compile it.  Perhaps guile16 is broken on my machine
via binary?

Other notes, my old powerbook, which was working with binary packages
of a much older version, is a PPC, and this new machine is Intel.
Don't know if is any kind of issue.

Let me know if you have further questions, I am more than happy to
give you whatever info that would help.

Thank you for your work on all this, regardless, it has saved me a
lot of work in the past.

-Steve