Re: gEDA-user: gschem: Is it possible to draw a thicker net?

On Thu, 2009-09-03 at 22:42 +0100, andrew whyte wrote:

>   AFAIK,  there isn't a way to make a line thicker, the only way
> around your problem, that I can think of would be to draw rectangles
> around the net (to make it appear thicker in your schematic) and name
> the net something like VCC-thick, then when you layout out the design
> in pcb you'll see the net name to remind you to make it thicker.

I just checked the file-format spec:
http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec

And no, there is no way to make a _net_ an arbitrary width.

What you can do, is alter the width and colour of graphical _lines_. As
a kludge, (and assuming you've basically finished the schematic), you
could draw over the nets you want fat with thick lines.

Line colour can be set to "Net" colour (colour index 4), and any
thickness you want. See "Edit -> Colour..." and "Edit -> Line width &
type..."

The only thing you might want to watch is that drawing thicker nets
doesn't confuse people into thinking they are buses. A bold net is often
used to represent a bus - although perhaps the context, and presence /
absence of bus rippers will make that clear.

Personally, I tend to use power symbols with net-names, rather than
drawing the nets explicitly.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton