Re: gEDA-user: TI CC2480 ZigBee (off-topic)

John Griessen wrote:
> Tamas Szabo wrote:
>> I also checked TinyOS. There are working parts for CC2430 AFAIK (Since
>> CC2430 and CC2480 are pin compatible, both applicable on the board). I
>> thought start with CC2480 is easier...
>
> CC2430 is just a 8051 microcontroller, so its port of TinyOS is not complete and ready to
> network without lots of time talking wtih the main developer -- best to stick with the two chip platforms
> for tinyOS for now.  For instance, There's been zero list traffic for tinyos8051wg-user since July 29
> when someone wanted help starting out and hit a snag and no answer -- on vacation.
>
> TinyOS is not so easy even with lots of good answers from its email list -- takes some study and experiment to get going writing
> code modules it's so SW engineered. That's good that it's engineered -- it works!
>
> Z-stack zigbee will be easy if you can get help on its forum.
Well, there is still no answer. I read through many documents (the last
was Z-Stack Developer's Guide and I checked CC2480 Software Examples
(which actually does not contain any RF part)), but I'm not cleverer et
all:-(
So I have semi-working boards and I can't step to the nex level...