Re: gEDA-user: geda 1.4.3, problems with BOM

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 15:34 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:58:08 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:
>
> > If I
> > delete in this schematic the Power symbols 502 and 503 and replace them
> > with a copy of 501 and renumber manually again to 502 and 503 all works
> > fine
>
> This description looks like an instance of the problem I tried to resolve
> in my failed coding effort this summer. With composite components the
> output of gnetlist depends on the order of symbols in the *.sch file. If
> you delete power symbols and restore with a copy, you effectively move
> the power symbol to the bottom of the file.
>
> ---<(kaimartin)>---

Thanks -- first it was my impression that I did something wrong, but
indeed it may only a gnetlist limitation. I think the netlist itself is
fine, this problem concerns only the BOM.

Why did your improvements of gnetlist program failed?
Only lack of time, or is gnetlist so wired that outsiders have great
problems to understand it?

I can remember a few of your fine intended improvements...

Best regards

Stefan Salewski