Re: gEDA-user: pcb via and ground planes

DJ Delorie wrote:
> I talked with Dan about it, we seem to think it's better to not use
> the ground plane for the return signal, and route the return the same
> way you route the audio.  Think of it like a differential pair.  That
> way, you get current balancing without breaking up your ground plane.
> Also, avoiding vias helps ;-)

You know what?  There's merit to this approach - thanks for the idea!
After thinking about it a bunch, this may work out fine.  It's
definitely not what I originally envisioned.

The only 'trick' here, when running those differential pairs, is to be
certain the return current actually flows in them and not the planes.

gene