Re: gEDA-user: Blind and buried vias?

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 01:45:46PM -0500, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Martin Maney wrote:
>> +1e6 - not that Scheme is my favorite scripting language, but if there
>> were a documented API it would be a viable option.

> OT, but Gimp also uses Scheme.

Another app I've never yet attacked from the loadable script direction,
although in the case of the Gimp I've heard that other languages can
be used, Python in particular.  :-)

And IIRC GnuCash is full of Scheme (or is it another of the free lisps
they used?), and frankly that's an app which I use only because the
alternatives have been so bad (by now, there's a lot of momentum and
all that data that would need to be migrated adding inertia).  Slow and
not very flexible, though perhaps the latter is because I don't think I
should need to learn to write an extension to do trivial things.  Or
maybe my notion that one short line of SQL is a fair analog for
"trivial" is a bit off.  :-)

--
One lesson I've learned from my years as Linux's hood ornament is that
there's something worse: some folks can't be content to just take things