Re: gEDA-user: Unusual uses of gEDA...

On 09/10/2010 06:24 AM, Windell H. Oskay wrote:

http://www.evilmadscientist.com/go/eggbot

A tricky part of this was the mask keepout on two of the boards--
I ended up drawing a separate layer for mask, and using it instead of the standard mask gerber.

The black on white rules and logo look great Windell.
I like the idea of an engraver for it -- then it could do promotional doo-dads and
trophies for club events...

I don't see any big unprinted areas
where your custom mask is though, what triggered that need?
Was the printing done as white "soldermask" and black "silk layer"?
On FR-4, acrylic?  The board material looks almost clear.

John Griessen