Re: gEDA-user: Unusual uses of gEDA...

On 09/10/2010 11:45 AM, Windell H. Oskay wrote:
    The engraver is pretty neat-- it can make, for example, etched glass
    christmas ornaments. Here's one that we made at MakerFaire Detroit:
    [1]http://www.flickr.com/photos/lenore-m/4856324866/in/photostream/
    The photo shows  a dull-silver-painted glass ornament, engraved down to
    etched glass, and lit from within by a multicolor LED.
    I'm not sure that it's precise enough for trophies, but I bet there
    will be a lot of ornaments sent to gramma. :)

So, if the engraver vibration is too fuzzy, how about adding force feedback control
and a rotary tool?  The force feedback would let you hold up the weight of the rotary
tool, and probably help pickup and touch down at the same spots too.

Does the eibot board have some spare inputs for feedback?

John