Re: gEDA-user: Functional blocks and PCB format changes

XML is far too heavy, agreed, and it's signal-to-noise ratio is abysmal.
I think that using a Lisp (or Lispy-looking) format would be extensible,
easy to parse, and make the most people happy.
Allow me to toss out JSON.  It is about as light weight as using S-EXP,
...else along those lines anywhere else.

The problem I have with JSON (and to some extent, Lisp) is that it is
not self-documenting. You can't open a JSON document and immediately
see what everything is and what it does; it just looks like gibberish
and brackets.

Also, it doesn't require a consistent newline scheme.
Every time I run against it, I'm still in disbelief that, in this era, some of our most powerful and useful tools are restricted to one character for parsing, and that one character is furthermore restricted to newline!