Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

On 09/12/2010 03:17 PM, Windell H. Oskay wrote:
On Sep 12, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Bob Paddock wrote:

Well, a both-sides silkscreen layer makes little sense.
Actually it does make sense.  Think about a transformer with through-hole pins.
You want the top silk to show the courtyard, for clearances.  You want
the bottom silk to show the pin numbers/labels.
+10.  Obvious, important feature.

Most of my boards have silkscreen on both sides.  Every major fab shop supports it. We should too.
I think he is referring to a single silkscreen that printed on both top and bottom.