Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

     (Can someone who uses / has used keepouts on another package
     describe
     for me how they work, or how you use them?)

   In Protel there is a keep-out layer.  A object, square, polygon etc, on
   that layer prevents traces from being run through that area, either
   manually or by the auto-router (which sucks so bad I never use it).
   More than anything it serves as documentation, which the DRC enforces.
   Sometimes I've wanted to run traces through the 'keep-out' and wanted
   it to serve as documentation, which can't be done.  The reason is for
   3D clearance issues of external objects.
   Lets not forget to add Blind and Buried Visa to the Wishlist.  There
   already is a patch in the tracker, going into a year or more, for this,
   and a rebased version someplace.