Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

Peter Clifton wrote:

> Just how useful is anti-copper?

I'd use it for text in copper (less space demanding than regular,
positve text). Anti-text in mask would be neat, too. It is even less
space hungry. Letters look fine if the exposed copper surface is HAL or
even better, gold plated.

Real anti-objects in mask would be useful with regular text in copper,
too. Currently, I expose the copper with a zero width line converted to
footprint and equipped with massive clearance. In addition, I tell the
fab to just ignore the zero width lines.

Yes, this is a hassle. But I really like to have the purpose of the
board stand out in large and friendly letters, even on prototypes
without silk print.

> Is it mitigated by allowing holes in polygons?

Can a footprint contain such a hole?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak