Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

> Whatever we do, it is still useful to be able to designate component
> / solder side groups (or have some means to define physical
> stack-up) so that pads can be rendered on the right layers ;)

I figure we need each layer to specify:

* type (copper, silk, mask, anti-copper, keepout, etc)

  - probably a set of values: base type plus flags for "anti" etc
  - maybe a sequence number for layering, like anti-silk over silk rectangles, etc.

* layer class (top, bottom, inner)

* OR specific layer (0..N based on the stackup)

So a footprint could specify clearance on all inners, or copper on
just the inner under the traces, etc.

So a (top,silk) solid rectangle, above that a (top,silk,anti) text,
gives us "black" text on a "white" area...

But I figure the top/inner/bottom "class" is what we need for
importing footprints.  They'd be layered by class, not number, so they
can adapt to whatever number of layers the board has.