Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

      In Protel there is a keep-out layer.  A object, square, polygon etc,
   on
      that layer prevents traces from being run through that area, either
      manually or by the auto-router (which sucks so bad I never use it).

     Hmmm... Can we have multiple keep-outs for a single copper layer,
     e.g. digital keepout, analog keepout, HV keepout?  That would be
     very useful!  (Or maybe more appropriate to say "keep-in".)

   Yes, the 'keep-out' should be per layer.  In Protel it blocks all
   layers which is frequently what you do not want.
   Drawing a contain outline in copper, then remembering to delete it
   latter, can serve as  pseudo keep-out/in.