Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

Hi all,

IMHO, we should be thinking about keepout as in:

1) traces keepout for copper layers (routing traces is out of bounds here),

2) placing parts op [top, bottom, buried components] in the keepout area for
reasons of clashing with mounting holes, other parts courtyard (real
estate), underlying stripline antennas, diff pair traces and other EMC
reasons.

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.