Re: gEDA-user: Portable gEDA for Windows

The only other way I can think of (that doesn't introduce dependencies) involves a collection of Batch files, none of which are particularly nice....

Given that .NET gets installed as a Windows Update..... I figured it was probably safe. Especially given since the app only requires version 2.0, which is supported on 98SE.

The problem is dealing with the "portable" root that way. Couldn't find an obvious way to get the directory of the *current* file. Not the working directory, the directory of the current file. Windows has the joys of shortcuts having a tendancy to start in C:\Windows..... or somewhere other than the "Start In:" field.

Anyway, I'd say this enough of the "Why .NET?" argument. What've I broken in building it this way? Do let me know.

Cheers,

Chris