Re: gEDA-user: very backward time step?

In this case, the solver will not need to add extra steps internally.
You specified a sin generator, whose output is a simple function of
time, and a resistor.  The whole circuit is memoryless.  At 60Hz, the
period is just 16.6ms.  With a 10ms step size, of course you're going
to see an aliased waveform.  You must decrease your step size.

OTOH, if you add a capacitor and/or inductor to that circuit, then the
transient solver might decrease its step size automatically.  Or it
might not.  Bottom-line: decrease your step size.