Re: gEDA-user: How to find which specific part of a PCB is shorted?

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Thomas Oldbury <toldbury@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   When I delete the shorted objects (a microSD card connector, and a 3
>   pin header) the short location moves!!
>   I can't see a short anywhere on this board. I've searched the PCB file
>   for shorted thermals, no luck.
>   Is there a patch which improves the functionality and actually locates
>   the position of this short, or do I have to rip up large areas of my
>   board until I get to it?

The orange ring on the left pad of I2 looks suspicious - what happens
if you delete I2 ?

Stephen Ecob
Silicon On Inspiration
Sydney Australia
www.sioi.com.au
$39 Spartan 6 board with 32MB DDR DRAM ?
http://www.sioi.com.au/shop/product_info.php/products_id/47