Re: gEDA-user: test repo

> If you want real world testing, provide an environment with proper
> fall back options.

The fall back option is to use a release.

> Debian even has four stages (experimental, unstable, testing and stable).

Debian has a huge development community.  We have a tiny one.  Any
suggestion that involves more work for the developers is just not
going to work.

> By the way, stuff also breaks with small changes. See the first
> commits of the new layer selector.

The reality is, stuff breaks for all sorts of reasons.  If you expect
otherwise, you're not going to be happy unless you stick with official
releases.

> Obviously, some quite severe issues had passed undetected.

But many of them were found and fixed.