Re: gEDA-user: test repo

DJ Delorie wrote:

>> If you want real world testing, provide an environment with proper
>> fall back options.
>
> The fall back option is to use a release.

It won't be an option once file format changes kick in.

>> Debian even has four stages (experimental, unstable, testing and
>> stable).
>
> Debian has a huge development community.

In 2005 Debian had 1200 maintainers for 8400 packages. That is,
on avarage every maintainer handles 6.3 packages. This includes
screening of bug reports push of new versions and maintainance of
the build scripts. Seen from that perspective, the maintainer
community of debian is not that large.

> The reality is, stuff breaks for all sorts of reasons.  If you expect
> otherwise, you're not going to be happy unless you stick with
> official releases.

Sigh. I thought I made it clear, that I don't expect guaranteed
unbroken applications when testing. After all, the whole point
of testing is to find things that are broken.
So please stop suggesting otherwise.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak