Re: gEDA-user: Strange user interface behavior with gschem-1.6.2.20110115

   On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM, John Doty <[1]jpd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Sep 4, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Josef Wolf wrote:
   > Hello,
   >
   > I have a strange usability behavior with gschem 1.6.2.20110115 (the
   version
   > that comes with ubuntu-11.04). I have attached a small schematic to
   > illustrate the problem.
   >
   > In the attached schmatic, when I try to draw a net from U6-pin27 to
   the
   > gate of Q6, a little circle appears on the nearest pin, indicating
   where
   > the connection would be "autocompleted" to. But even if the circle
   appears
   > at the gate of Q6, at the moment I click to make the connection, it
   jumps
   > to the gate of Q4, effectively shortening pin1 with pin28 of U6.

   I've experienced this too if I zoom out of the schematic too much. But
   I still like the autocomplete function. I found that I can avoid this
   little anomaly another way. I found that by just zooming in to an
   appropriate level helps avoids this problem. As I'm connecting nets in
   the schematic, I frequently zoom in to click on the point to start the
   net, zoom out a little to see the destination, move the mouse pointer
   over the destination, zoom back in close enough to complete the net. Of
   course, there would be some intermediate steps if the net has to
   traverse a distance across the page. And all I do is use the mouse
   roller to control the zoom at the same time.

   =Dan