Re: gEDA-user: Strange user interface behavior with gschem-1.6.2.20110115

On Sep 4, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Josef Wolf wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a strange usability behavior with gschem 1.6.2.20110115 (the version
> that comes with ubuntu-11.04). I have attached a small schematic to
> illustrate the problem.
>
> In the attached schmatic, when I try to draw a net from U6-pin27 to the
> gate of Q6, a little circle appears on the nearest pin, indicating where
> the connection would be "autocompleted" to. But even if the circle appears
> at the gate of Q6, at the moment I click to make the connection, it jumps
> to the gate of Q4, effectively shortening pin1 with pin28 of U6.
>
> I have not seen such behavior before. In fact, I have not seen such an
> autocompletion-circle before. Is this some new functionality? Is there a
> way to deactivate it? Or at least configure it to behave in a sane way?

To deactivate it, you can put the line:

(magnetic-net-mode "disabled")

in your project's gschemrc or in ~/.gEDA/gschemrc.

Posted to all contributors to this thread due to immoderate behavior by the "moderators".

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx