Re: gEDA-user: plugins (was: How can you help...)

   On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, John Griessen <[1]john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
   wrote:

     I can see a core set of plugins shipping with the source, but not
     all.
     I don't see it as a big deal though, since if a feature is really
     "core"
     it will be in the core, so not shipping plugins is natural.  They're
     not core.
     functions.
     Documenting them however is a big deal.  We mostly need
     documentation
     for enlisting more users.

   I'll be glad to help anyone in this development group with this
   documentation work. I can offer a couple hours per week on this. The
   time is readily available to me these days, as now all my kids are in
   college, so more time for me :)

     After that, we need a good beginner user interface
     that doesn't kill any GUI or command-line functions that are
     currently customizable .

   I'm not sure of the reasoning behind this.
   Other than good set of introductory docs, a tutorial, examples, such as
   those on DJ Delorie's website - you would like an additional front end
   GUI ?
   I would suggest additional ways to elaborate the steps in the tutorial
   - something I can include in my ToDo if you'd like.
   =Dan