Re: gEDA-user: PCB panner control

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 09:33:12 +0400
Vladimir Zhbanov <vzhbanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
> I read the main pcb doc and found the section Panner Control. After searching
> in the last pcb sources I found no mention of this widget. It seems to be
> excluded from the code during transition from Xaw interface to GTK HID in 2005.
> So could anyone improve the doc?

I just ran across a mention of Panner Control yesterday, too:

    If you drag the pointer out of the Layout area while drawing a
    line, the display will auto-scroll (assuming sufficient zoom for
    scrolling). To stop auto-scroll, simply pass the pointer over
    the panner control.

    (pcb manual, section 2.5, âLinesâ.)

(Actually, I would prefer to stop auto-scroll forever, because it
always scrolls when I don't intend it to, and it doesn't work right
when I _do_ want it to scroll...  I wonder if it can be disabled by
setting auto-pan-speed in pcb preferences file to 0...
Yes, it looks like it worked.  pcb will be better than ever before
now that auto-scroll is out of my way. Is anyone else bothered by
auto-scroll?)

Regards,
Colin