Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:22:27 -0500
John Griessen <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After these low level stoppers, we should find textbooks to study on GUI design, compare those
> to Orcad twenty years ago, and copy what is not patented.

Addendum: Try to figure out what your users want, first.
Write down the usual work flow and adapt the GUI to match that workflow.

Yes, i know that the workflow is tool dependent, but there are many
tools out there that follow a more or less similar workflow and i think
gEDA should match that as well.

If there is a good reason to deviate from that "common" workflow, it should
be marked specially so that everyone who is new to gEDA sees it and also
noted why it makes sense to do it that way (this is important as it makes
it much more easy to remember how to do it)

I don't know who developers of gEDA are, much less what their background is.
But i assume that there should be enough EEs around that can provide samples
of daily workflows. I can provide such as well, if anyone wants.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin