Re: gEDA-user: why some skip KiCAD and gEDA

John Griessen wrote:

> Another reason gschem would benefit from no-recompile-required key
> binding configurability with action sequences.  Besides keys, they
> can go to menu picks or buttons with user language usage hints.

If gschem wouldn't mess with the menu widget, GTK would allow for accel
configuration onb the fly. This works to an extend with PCB-gtk: Open the
menu, move the mouse to the item to be configured and type whatever accel
you are up to. This accel is immediately in effect. This is a standard
feature of GTK applications. On a Gnome desktop you might have to set
"gnome -> interface -> can_change_accels" in gconf-editor.

The only aspect that does not work with PCB-gtk, is that the config
is lost at the end of a session. I sometimes use it anyway, if a
task calls for repeated application of menu actions that are accel-less
by default.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak