Re: gEDA-user: cygwin geda tools

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:55 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> First thing I got was:
>
> I meant, if you open the library window,

Aren't those two different issues?

>> File -> Preferences -> Library -> Add a library path
>> then "Restart program for changes to take effect".
>
> This is how it works in Linux too, though.

Where in non-Windows systems, perhaps, that is an expected "work
flow", tho I do not recall any other program doing that.
In Windows there is nothing good that can be said about such behavior,
it is simply wrong.

Before a Windows Port takes up a prominent spot on any gEDA et.al.
Home Page these are the issue I know that need to be fixed:

1: No complaints about missing .sh at start up.  Only worse First
Impression we could have there would be a segment fault.

2: No restarts, for any reason.

3: Printing needs work (I've looked at this a couple of times, and
each time I do it motivates me to work on the wxWidgets based HID).

4: No issues with spaces in directories or file names (I know some of
these have been fixed, not sure all of them have?).

5: In a longer term project a proper Windows 'Help' system for the program(s).